Forces Families Jobs
Tri-Service research, Military Spouse/Partner Employment: Identifying the barriers and support required, conducted by the Warwick Institute for Employment Research resulted in a key recommendation, the need to create a central portal for employment and training opportunities for Service spouses, partners and family members.
Forces Families Jobs (FFJ) – ForcesFamiliesJobs.co.uk – has been produced through collaborative working between the three Families Federations in conjunction with the Ministry of Defence Relationship Management Team.
The overall aim of this employment platform is to create a free-of-charge site that bridges the gap and enables the link between spouses and family members on the one hand, and employers training providers, on the other.
There are two main sections on Forces Families Jobs – ‘Jobs’ and ‘Training and Career Development’.
- The Jobs section allows employers to advertise jobs suitable for family members of serving personnel, free of charge. All employers will be asked to identify how they are ‘Forces friendly’.
Spouses will be able to search for jobs in similar ways to many other job However, uniquely, all employers have committed to support Forces families. This is important as 45% of spouses interviewed in the research undertaken by Warwickshire University felt they had been discriminated against due to their connection to the Services.
- The training and career development section will bring together all the excellent existing initiatives available for serving families into one place, making it easier for spouses and partners to find. There will also be a section for training and courses that have been discounted specifically for Forces families.
Who is eligible to use the site?
- Spouses/partners and adult children (aged 18-25) of currently serving personnel (Regular and Reserves)
- Spouses/partners and adult children (aged 18-25) of Service personnel who have left the Armed Forces within the last 12 months
- Bereaved spouses/partners and adult children (aged 18-25) for up to two years, post-Service.
Information for employers
- Advertise your jobs to this audience free of charge.
- Search our candidate database and download candidate CVs free of charge.
- Fulfil your commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant (AFC) and progress through the Employment Recognition Scheme (ERS) by demonstrating your commitment to Service spouses.
- Have your own company profile where you can articulate your specific commitments to the Armed Forces Covenant and your ERS level.
- This is not a paid for service but is provided free to those who have signed the AFC.
As a business you will be required to provide us with a link to your website, a logo and a few paragraphs about the support that you can provide to service families.
Please email email@example.com for further information and to request a copy of the registration form for employers.
We recently held a webinar for employers providing more information about Forces Families Jobs and the benefits of using our site, take a look:
Information for training providers
Advertise your opportunities and courses to this audience free of charge, by completing a form and returning to us by email.
Within the training section of the site, have a summary of your own company profile where you can articulate your specific commitments to the Armed Forces Covenant (AFC) and the support services that you provide.
This is not a paid for service but is provided free to those who have signed the covenant.
As a training providers you will be required to provide us with a link to your website, a logo and a few paragraphs about the support that you can provide to families.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to request a copy of the registration form for training providers.
Who will be able to advertise opportunities?
The training and career opportunities section does not require the training provider to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant or proof of Employer Recognition Scheme Status, but they will need to meet one of the following criteria to advertise on Forces Families Jobs:
- Provide a FREE service to Armed Forces Families
- Provide a discount or subsidised rate specifically for Service families
Information for spouses/partners and family members
Are you looking for a new job? Are you ready for a change in career? Forces Families Jobs is here to help. Forces Families Jobs is the go-to place for training and employment for family members of current serving UK Armed Forces personnel.
You can apply for jobs and access employment and training opportunities with companies and organisations who are Forces family friendly. You can use the website with confidence, knowing that all of the employers have signed the Armed Forces Covenant or are able to demonstrate their commitment to the Armed Forces. This is your gateway to accessing information about acquiring new skills, upgrading your existing skills or applying directly to employers who are understanding of the unique challenges that come with being a family member of a Serving Person.
We already have a whole host of specially chosen employers who’ve shown us that they celebrate military families and are waiting to employ someone like you! This site can give you access to hundreds of current, high quality jobs through its powerful search engine. By subscribing for job alerts you can pro-actively receive new job notifications directly into your inbox daily, weekly, or moments after the job is posted. To increase the ways through which you can find a job, you can upload your CV, create a profile and make your details searchable. This will make you visible in our candidate database, which will be searched by prospective employers looking to fill their vacancies, and which maximises your chance of finding a new job through Forces Families Jobs.
Did you know that the FFJ team hold webinars to provide employers/jobseekers up-to-date information and top tips to help with your job hunt? Below are links to some of the recordings from the past webinars. For information on future events, please kindly visit FFJ homepage.