Books for All to support RN/RM community
Separation and deployment are part and parcel of Royal Navy and Royal Marines Service life. For the past few years, the Naval Families Federation (NFF) has been providing RN/RM personnel and their loved ones with book resources to help them through the challenges Service life may bring.
With thanks to your fantastic feedback, we are delighted to receive further funding from the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC) to launch the ‘Books for All’ project.
Our book list includes a wide range of topics suitable for all ages. What’s more, in recognition that RN/RM children experience the most parental absence of all three Armed Forces, we have expanded the eligibility to schools with at least one RN/RM Service pupil enrolled. Carers/Service parents are encouraged to engage with your school(s) to encourage sign-ups.
Eligibility/Terms and Conditions
- For Service families: A maximum of one book for each family member of currently serving Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel. You will be asked to provide your (or your serving person’s) Service number for eligibility purposes.
- For schools: Limited to 10 books per school, staff are welcome to put these in their library or use them in any particular work they do with Service children. To apply, you must have at least one RN/RM Service child enrolled in your setting.
- While every effort will be made to process orders quickly, this project is not supported by any additional staffing resource, so please be patient with us.
- The provision of resources is subject to funding and availability, we will contact you if there is an issue with the book that you requested.
- By applying to this project, you consent to be contacted by the NFF to collect feedback.
I have previously benefited from the family resource project, am I eligible?
Q: I have previously benefited from the family resource project, am I eligible?
A: For families – Yes, you may still apply for ‘Books for All’, using our published eligibility/terms and conditions above. Please note: If you have previously received a book from the family resource project, we ask that you do not request the same book title(s) from ‘Books for All’.
For schools – If your school has benefitted from our previous resource project, unfortunately, you will not be eligible for this project. However, please share our project with your Service families for them to apply directly.
Can overseas families apply to this project?
Q: Can overseas families apply to this project?
A: Yes, certainly! This project aims to support all currently serving Royal Navy and Royal Marines families regardless of where they live. We recognise that it has been a challenge over the past years for overseas families to visit their families and friends back in the U.K. and we hope that this project can help. However do allow extra time for your parcel to arrive.
I haven’t received my parcel/ not heard from you, what do I do?
Q: I haven’t received my parcel/ not heard from you, what do I do?
A: This project is not managed by additional staff, please be patient with us.
Due to popular demand, we are unable to send out any confirmation email however the thank you landing page on Survey Monkey acknowledges the receipt of your application.
Despite best effort, Royal Mail are currently experiencing some delays due to the pandemic. Please check their website for the latest service updates in your area.
Please only get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392654374 if you have not received your parcel 3 weeks from initial contact.
For overseas families, do allow an extra week due to customs.
I have a great book in mind, are you happy to include this in your list?
Q: I have a great book in mind, are you happy to include this in your list?
A: Yes. There are many new books published daily and we’d love to include anything that can best support our beneficiaries. Please let us know at email@example.com
I am a Reservist, am I eligible?
Q: I am part of the RN/RM Reserves, am I eligible?
A: If you have been impacted by the pandemic, for instance, you have been mobilised, we welcome your application and hope our project can help you and/or your loved ones.
How will my data be stored?
Q: How will my data be stored?