Damp & Mould- Action Plan
CarillionAmey (CA) have put together an action plan for dealing with damp and mould in Service Family Accommodation. They have suggested the following, which you may find useful:
- Customer should contact the CarillionAmey (CA) Helpdesk to advise that they have problems with damp and/or mould.
- The CA Helpdesk advisor raises a survey for the Accommodation Officer (AO) to attend the property – the AO is expected to attend the property within five full working days of the call to the Helpdesk. Please note: The day after this call is classed as day one.
- AO visits the property and takes one of the following steps: a) Raises a suitable repair plan and advises the customer of the plan and timeframes for the work. b) Calls in a specialist contractor and advises the customer of the appointment and what it entails. The AO passes the details to the CA Damp Remediation Project Manager.
- Either a) happens – The repairs are undertaken, issues resolved. Or b) The specialist contractor suggests an action plan and the CA Damp Remediation Manager advises the customer of this and what it entails and any timeframes for the work. At this point, it may be necessary for CA to raise a Statement of Need (SON) for the works, DIO will need to approve if the cost of the work is above £5,000 and the customer will be advised by the CA Damp Remediation Manager of the action, how long it will take, the impact of the work and any preparation they may need to do beforehand. If DIO approve the SON, the work will need to be appointed and the customer engaged with for suitable dates for the work to be carried out.
- If DIO reject the request, the customer is able to raise a stage two complaint with DIO.