NFF & Headspace
NFF News: World Mental Health Day (10th October, 2020)
Updated in April 2021
Introducing Headspace – a new project specially for you
Dealing with challenges is part and parcel of Naval family life, but in these strange times, some members of our serving Naval families might benefit from some extra support.
Covid-19 has brought many additional new challenges. What if there was something you could carry in your pocket to help you navigate through whatever you are facing?
We believe that the Headspace App can help, by giving you the skills you need to be able to focus on your own health and wellbeing.
That’s why NFF, supported by RN FPS, are delighted to offer serving and non-serving family members free access to the Headspace App as part of a pilot project.
We hope Headspace can help you find a little joy in your everyday.
What is Headspace?
Headspace is a platform for mindful living, meaning you can take it with you on a walk, a run or you can even do a workout with one of the Headspace trainers. You can use it to help you get to sleep with guided sleepcasts and music, as well as all the mindfulness courses on any topic you can think of. There are even topics and courses for children. Headspace also partners with many sports institutions to support developing a performance mindset for athletes. It’s really a gym membership for your mind. Click here to read an information leaflet. More information can be found on their website.
What you need to do
Please read the note below before you click the button to sign up for your free Headspace account. There is also a FAQ section at the bottom of this page to guide you through the application process.
- Up to 3,000 serving RN/RM/RFA (regular and reserve) personnel and their loved ones will have free access to Headspace; our priority is for those families who will be most receptive to this support and most likely to make full use of it.
- The licence gives registered family members free access to the Headspace app for 12 months starting from 4th November, 2020. The earlier you create your account, the more beneficial it will be.
- You will be asked for a Service Number on the registration form so that your eligibility can be confirmed by the RN.
- Due to the limited numbers, we are only able to allocate one licence per Service number.
- Once you have registered, and your eligibility has been confirmed, you will be contacted within 2 weeks with a link to create your account.
- Only your name and email address will be shared with the Headspace team so that your account can be created.
- If you would like to know more about the support services that are available for families, please visit our Mental Health pages.
We are aware that a small number of people have encountered some issues with their access to the Headspace App. If you do have any problems, please check the list below as hopefully the answer is here:
I’ve submitted my application but I’ve not received the link yet.
Q: I’ve submitted my application but I’ve not received the link yet.
A: If you have submitted an application for the App and haven’t heard from the NFF within two weeks, please check your junk/spam mailbox – once we have confirmed your eligibility, we are sending out the special enrolment link in an email which comes from email@example.com
I’ve received the email with the link, what do I do now?
Q: I’ve received the email with the link, what do I do now?
A: When you receive the email, please make sure that you click on the link and activate your account so that you can start to benefit from all of the great support that Headspace can offer.
How do I set up my account?
Q: How do I set up my account?
A: Please follow the below steps –
- Click on the enrolment link which can found at the bottom of the email we sent you (please check your spam inbox)
- When you get to the NFF page on the Headspace website, click on Login
- Enter your Headspace login details – remember to use the same information that you provided when you completed your application form
- Click Next
- When you reach step 2 of the verification process, make sure that you use the same email address that you entered on your application as this is what we used to enrol you on to the Headspace system
- You will then receive an email asking you to verify the account – you need to follow the steps right up until completion
- Now log out of the app and then log back in again.
- Now you can access 1000’s of different sessions and courses!
If you are still having problems once you’ve tried this, please contact the NFF team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you to resolve it as soon as we can.