When you need something repaired
Housing Repairs (Housing team)
You have several options for reporting repairs in your home:
To raise a new, non-urgent repair, click here.
- WebChat (click the message icon from the bottom right-hand corner of the page)
- Facebook Messenger (send a private message to the team to start a chat)
- Twitter message (send a private message to the team to start a chat)
- Text message: 07860063406 (send a text to start a chat)
- Telephone: 0800 707 6000 (option 1)
- Email: NHPHelpdesk@ameydefenceservices.co.uk
The website and the Customer Service Centre are available 24 hours a day, all year round. Your local (as above) Customer Service Centre hours will vary according to their location and the number of Service families they serve.
If something goes wrong…
If you want to register a complaint with Amey Defence Services, please phone 0800 707 6000 (option 5) to speak to their Customer Solutions Team.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Amey Defence Services, please phone us on 023 9265 4374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If English is not your first language, Amey Defence Services’s Customer Service Centre offers a translation service. Just say your language when you call. Their advisor will be able to transfer you to someone who can talk to you in your own language.
Requesting a repair
Amey Defence Services will work with you to identify the specific details of the fault.
To ensure the repair can be completed efficiently, you will need to tell their advisor:
- your address and contact details;
- as much information as possible about the problem;
- if the fault is with a piece of equipment (such as a boiler or cooker), details of the type and model.
Making an appointment
You will be given a job reference number and you will be sent written notification of your appointment (by post or email if requested).
If you need to change the appointment, please contact Amey Defence Services via their website or Customer Service Centre before the appointment date, quote your job reference number and they will arrange a new date and time.
You or a member of your family (who must be over 16 years of age) will need to be at home at the time of the repair appointment. If the repair is on the outside of the property, e.g., roofing, fencing works etc., they may not need you to be available.
Please ask their advisor about this when making your appointment.