Resources for Service children
Whether it is ‘weekending’ or deployment, we understand that Royal Navy and Royal Marines families spend a considerable amount of time away from each other:
- 37% of RN & RM families live apart during the working week;
- 39% of RN & RM families experienced separation of more than 3 months in 2018
(Source: FamCAS 2019)
To help you and your young person cope with separation and to support resilience, we run a 2-year project (funded by LIBOR) to provide serving Royal Navy and Royal Marines families with reading books. Choose your free reading book from a tailored list that caters for all ages and covers a wide range of topics – including parenting books, books that help explain deployment, and more. We have also produced a parental absence resource to provide some strategies to help families thrive.
Guidelines for provision of books/ resources
Parental absence resource:
- We are only able to send hard copies to our beneficiaries and those who support them due to resource constraints.
- Click here to access our parental absence resource
- A maximum of one book for each child/ family member of current serving Royal Navy/ Royal Marines personnel. You will be asked to provide your (or your serving person’s) Service number for eligibility purposes.
- While every effort will be made to process orders quickly, this project is not supported by any additional staffing resource, so please be patient with us.
- Click here for a full list of books; click here to fill out a consent form to claim your book