SFA – Moving in
When you accept an offer of a Service Family Accommodation (SFA) property you should arrange a ‘move in’ appointment using the e-1132 system.
At the agreed date and time, Amey Accommodation Officer will meet you at the property and show you around.
They will give you the opportunity to:
- familiarise yourself with your new home, its fixtures, fittings and appliances;
- read electricity/gas meters and measure levels in oil tanks;
- take possession of the keys;
- identify who is responsible for any repair or maintenance queries;
- confirm that there is a valid Gas Safety Certificate in the SFA;
- complete and sign the move in documentation.
You are required to inspect the property to ensure it meets the Move In standard as outlined on the Amey Defence Services website, signing to agree or otherwise that this standard has been met.
You can give your spouse/civil partner or a Service colleague written authority (known as a ‘Proxy certificate’) to sign the inventory on your behalf if you are unable to attend the ‘move in’ appointment. Please note that the ‘move in’ can only take place during normal working hours.
If you are moving from one SFA (not substitute SFA) to another, you have 2 weeks to hand it back, provided you do so within this time you will only be charged for one property. If you exceed this period you may be charged for both properties.
Service personnel and their families moving into SFA should read the guides available on the Amey Defence Services website, which contains important information about the services offered and the responsibilities of customers.
You will also be provided with a copy of the SFA 14 day observation form at your Move In.