News: 18th January, 2022
The NFF are delighted to support a new Royal Navy initiative which will see the Headspace App made available, for free, to all serving personnel and their families. Last year we successfully delivered a year-long pilot Headspace project with support from the Royal Navy wellbeing team. Your fantastic feedback and support for the project has provided the evidence to show that this platform is a key resource which can help support mental health and wellbeing within our community.
What to do next?
- Serving RN, RM, RFA personnel & RN Civil Servants: Visit this page to sign up. Please reference RNTM 07-001/22.
- Non-serving family members: Your Service person has to create their account first. Once they have done that, they will then be able to invite you to open an account too. Please refer to the FAQ section below for further clarification. If you know that your Service person is due to deploy on an exercise or operations, and therefore may have limited access to the internet, please make sure that they have created their account and sent you that invite BEFORE they go, so that you can access the App while they are away. If you have further questions or technical issues please reach out to TeamSupport@headspace.com
- If you already have a Headspace account, either as part of the NFF/RN FPS pilot or because you had accessed the platform independently, please refer to the FAQs below for further explanation.
*Please note that this is a new contract with Headspace, so there are particular steps that you will need to take to ensure that you get access to the full range of support that they offer.*
Please refer to the FAQ below. If you have further questions or technical issues please reach out to TeamSupport@headspace.com
How do I sign up?
Q: How do I sign up for Headspace for the Royal Navy?
A: Signing up for Headspace is a 3-step process: Sign up/Log In, Verify and Finish. If you’re new to Headspace, you can sign up for an account by following the below instructions. You can also link an existing account by following the instructions below.
1. Visit the enrollment page. You will be asked if you have an existing Headspace account. Choose “No, create a new account”
2. Fill in the requested information, using your civilian email address for the registration, and click “Sign up”
3. Verify your account by entering your ‘@mod.gov.uk’ email address
4. New members will receive two emails: one to confirm your new Headspace account, and one to verify your organisation email address
5. Download the Headspace app in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store
6. Open the app and log in using your Headspace login details
7. Get some Headspace
How do family members sign up to this project?
Q: My loved one is currently serving in the RN/RM/RFA. Where can I sign up?
A: Your serving loved one must create a Headspace account first. They will then be able to create a family license under Headspace for the Royal Navy scheme. Once they have registered for a Headspace account they will be sent a message on Headspace to register a family member. This offer is limited to 3000 licenses and will be on a first come first served basis.
I have an existing Headspace account. What do I do?
Q: Can I link my existing Headspace account to a Headspace for the Royal Navy membership?
A: Yes, If you’re already a Headspace user, you can link your existing account. Follow the below instructions:
1. Visit this page.
2. You will be asked if you have an existing Headspace account. Choose “Yes, I have an existing account.”
3. Enter your existing Headspace login information
4. Verify your account by entering your ‘@mod.gov.uk’ email address.
Please Note: If you purchased an individual membership, your Headspace Plus auto-renew was turned off automatically. If you have a student plan, family plan, or signed up through Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify you will need to turn off auto-renew to cancel your billing and avoid being charged. Please see the next questions for instructions.
What if I leave the Royal Navy?
Q: What if I leave the Service?
A: If you leave the RN then your Headspace enrollment will continue until the end of the current contract.
I'm still being charged despite having switched to the Headspace for Royal Navy. Please help?
Q: I signed up for the Headspace for the Royal Navy but I’m still being charged. What’s happening?
A: If you’re currently a Headspace Plus member with an individual plan and you signed up through Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify you will need to turn off auto-renew to cancel your billing and avoid being charged. See instructions below. If you need additional help, please contact email@example.com.
I'm part of a family plan, will this affect my enrollment in Headspace for the Royal Navy?
Q: I am part of a Headspace family plan, how does this affect my enrollment in Headspace for the Royal Navy?
A: If you are currently enrolled in a Headspace family plan, you will need to leave the family plan or you will continue to take up a spot in the plan. Your family plan owner has to remove you from the plan. Only the family plan owner will be able to delete someone from the family plan. Upon doing this, the family member who has been deleted will receive an email confirming these details. This opens the spot for a new family member to be added.
To remove a member from your family plan, please follow these steps:
1. Visit https://www.headspace.com/family/manage
2. Click the “X” button to the right of your family member’s email address
I'm the owner of a family plan, how will my enrollment in Headspace for work affect my other members?
Q: I am currently the owner of a family plan, how will my enrollment in Headspace for work affect my other members?
A: If you are the owner of a family plan and enroll in Headspace for Work, you will continue to be billed for the annual family plan subscription unless you turn off auto-renew. If you close your family plan account or turn-off auto renew all members in your family plan will lose access to their Headspace Plus membership through the family plan Account once your subscription expires. If you are enrolled in Headspace for Work and close your family plan Account, you will continue to have access to Headspace Plus through Headspace for Work and don’t need to take any further action.
If you wish to cancel your Family Plan, turn off auto renew by:
● Visit https://www.headspace.com/subscription/manage
● Log into your account
● Select “TURN OFF AUTO RENEWAL”.
● If the button is not there, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If you do not turn off auto-renew and keep your family plan, you will continue to have access to Headspace Plus should you leave the Royal Navy.
How to cancel Headspace Plus Subscription (paid versions - Apple iTunes, Google Play, Spotify Bundle)?
Q: How do I cancel my current Headspace Plus Subscription if I paid with Apple iTunes, Google Play, or the Spotify Bundle?
A: Cancellation steps can differ, depending on where you subscribed (directly through Headspace, Apple App Store or Google Play Store). Please review below to see the steps that apply to you:
If you purchased your subscription from our website:
1. Log in to your account from a desktop or mobile browser (not the mobile app) at www.headspace.com.
2. Visit https://www.headspace.com/subscription/manage and click/tap “TURN OFF AUTO RENEWAL”.
3. If the button is not there, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you purchased your subscription via Apple App Store:
1. Open the Settings app
2. Scroll down to “iTunes and App Store”
3. Tap Your AppleID Email
4. Select “View AppleID” (You may be asked to log in)
5. Tap “Subscriptions”
6. Select the Headspace subscription
7. Tap “Cancel Subscription” to disable it from auto-renewing at the end of the current billing cycle
If you purchased your subscription via Google Play Store:
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. Tap Menu (3 small horizontal lines) next to “Google Play”
3. Tap Account and then Subscriptions
4. Find the subscription you want to cancel
5. Tap Cancel
If you purchased your subscription via Spotify:
1. Visit https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription and log in to view your Spotify subscription information
2. Manage your payments or cancel by visiting the “Subscription” section of your account
If you need more help with this, please visit Spotify’s Help Page or contact them directly at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
I’m having issues with the app. What should I do?
Q: I’m having issues with the app. What should I do?
A: If the app is running slowly or freezing, please try to reinstall the app on your device. A strong WiFi connection is important to ensure downloads are fast and seamless. If you are still experiencing issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the make, model, and operating system of your device.
I'm not connected to the internet, will I be able to access the app?
Q: Can I use Headspace if I am not connected to the internet?
A: You can play any of your Headspace meditation sessions offline by using our mobile app for iOS or Android devices. While online, simply select and pre-download your sessions for offline use.
Can I use the subscriptions with kids?
Q: Can I use the subscriptions with kids?
A: Anyone over 13 can use subscriptions on their own. For under 13 year olds, the Kids Packs are included in your subscription and you can use these with kids without interruption in your own progress. Headspace strongly advises that no children under 13 use the app without the supervision of a parent / guardian / teacher.
What devices can I use to access Headspace?
Q: What devices can I use to access Headspace?
A: Apple iOS or Android devices: This can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes App or Google Play Store respectively. For the optimum experience, we recommend using an iOS device with iOS 9.0 or later. Android devices will require operating system 4.0 or later.
For tablets, the Headspace app can be used on any iPad with iOS 9 or later, and any Android tablet with Android 4.0 or later (including Kindle Fire tablets). Headspace also integrates with the Apple Health App and Apple Watch.
Web Browser: Headspace is optimized to run on the latest versions of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
Please Note: While you can using Headspace.com on your tablet’s browser, for the best experience, please download the Headspace app through the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.
Q: I need help. Who can I contact please?
A: The Headspace Support Team is available 7 days a week:
1. Email: email@example.com
2. Live Chat: If you see the orange “Chat” bubble on the bottom right-hand corner of the page, click/tap on it