housing insurance Tag

When living in Service Family Accommodation (SFA), you will need to insure your home.


Standard home liability insurance does not cover Service family accommodation (SFA).


The Ministry of Defence recommends (JSP 464, Volume 1, Part 1, Section I, Paragraph 0605) that you take out a specialist type of insurance that covers your liability, up to £20,000, for any damage you or your family may do to your Service family accommodation. This is called ‘Licence to Occupy’ insurance.


The Services Insurance and Investment Advisory Panel (SIIAP) provides details of insurance providers who can ensure that you have the necessary ‘Licence to Occupy’ cover.


You may also wish to take out home contents insurance.


Posted on: 3rd May, 2018